Kids put a lot of effort into playing sports. Throwing a sports team party helps coaches acknowledge their hard work, helps parents celebrate with their kids, and helps teammates bond and play better as a team. Whether you’re kicking off the season or celebrating another great year of team play, book your sports team party at Lanham Skate.
5 Tips for Planning a Sports Team Party
- Plan the guest list. Will the party be just for the team, or are parents and siblings invited? Take a quick head count before planning a sports party.
- Choose a venue. You’ll want something fun and kid-friendly, with plenty of food and entertainment, where the setup and cleanup will be covered by the staff. Your team will love a roller-skating party at Lanham Skate.
- Food. Kids are hungry creatures, especially when they’re playing hard. Lanham Skate has pizza and other tasty snacks available for team celebrations. We’ll even let you bring in a cake for the team when you book an official party.
- Make it count. Whether you’re prepping for the season or celebrating a win, show your kids they’re appreciated. Hand out awards for Most Helpful, Most Improved, and other categories to encourage the kids. You can hand out arcade tokens to the winners, give them a special award, or let them have the first slice of pizza.
- Listen. What do the kids love most about playing sports? What were their season highlights? What are they looking forward to the most about next year? Did they learn anything unexpected this season? Make time to listen to your team.
Make this season count. Book a team party at Lanham Skate.