Your child’s birthday is the same time every year… So why wait until the last minute to plan their birthday party? Here at Lanham Skate Center, we’ve been helping families make birthday memories for years, so don’t worry—we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to learn how to throw a roller skating birthday party for your kid with this easy-peasy checklist.
A Kid’s Birthday Party Planning Checklist
6 Weeks Before the Party
- Decide on a budget for your event. Don’t feel the need to break the bank—you can throw your child a great party without throwing your budget to the wind. (For instance, our party packages start as low as $169 for 10 guests plus the birthday child!)
- Make a guest list so you have an idea of the gathering size. Keep your child’s temperament (and your own) in mind when deciding how big the group should be. Some kids love a blow-out party with their entire extended family, soccer team, neighbors, and class, while quieter kids might prefer just a handful of their closest friends and immediate family.
- Choose a date and reserve a party venue.
One Month Before the Party
- Send out invitations. When you book a birthday party with us at Lanham Skate Center, we provide free invitations! Just give us a call and let us know when you want to swing by and pick them up. Many parents these days are also just as happy to receive an e-vite. After all, you can’t lose an email… And you can easily add the event to your phone calendar.
- If buying a cake, place your order with the bakery.
3 Weeks Before the Party
- Order/purchase balloons and other decorations, themed tableware, piñatas, etc.
2 Weeks Before the Party
- Call anyone who was invited but hasn’t RSVPed for a final head count.
3 Days Before the Party
- Assemble goodie bags if you’re having them.
- Locate and charge your camera if applicable, as well as an extra battery, SD card, etc.
The Day Before the Party
- Pick up the cake from the bakery, or bake the birthday cake.
- Wrap birthday gifts.
- Pack a clipboard with pen and paper or a notepad with the party supplies, so you can record who gave what gift.
- Make sure the birthday kid goes to bed on time (or even a little early) so they’ll be well-rested for their party.
We’d love to help you make your child’s birthday in Lanham, Maryland a total blast that everyone will remember for years to come. Our roller skating birthday parties are available on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and require a non-refundable reservation fee of $75 to hold your spot.
Give us a call at 301-577-1733 to learn more about our birthday party packages.