Did you know that October is National Roller Skating Month? We did! At Lanham Skate Center in Lanham, MD, we love any excuse to party, and this is one of our favorite holidays. Come celebrate with us this month!
- Mondays – adult-only skate (18+)
- Tuesday – lessons 6:30-7:30; available for private parties after
- Wednesday – adult-only skate (21+)
- Thursday – open skate! DJ Storman Norman on the first Thursday of the month, Gospel night on the third!
- Friday – Beginner lessons 6:30-7:30; open skate (all ages) after
- Saturday and Sunday – open skate (all ages)!
Roller skating is a great activity for everyone, from kids, to families, to adults. Check out all the benefits of skating:
- Great Exercise, Low Impact. Roller skating is comparable to jogging in terms of cardio workout and calories burned, but it’s much easier on your joints, especially your knees. Skating is also good for the lungs, heart, legs, and the muscles of the core.
- Emotional Health. Exercise has been shown to decrease symptoms of anxiety, depression, and even attention problems, as well as to reduce stress. And exercising with friends while listening to music in a fun environment like Lanham Skate Center means you’ll feel that much better!
- Keeps You Sharp. Learning a new skill (or re-learning one you’ve forgotten) is a great way to keep your mind sharp and focused.
- Fun with Friends. Get together with friends for an adult-only skate session and revisit fun memories from childhood!
We can’t wait to see you and your friends at Lanham Skate Center to celebrate National Roller Skating Month!