If you are anything like us, those ASPCA commercials with Sarah McLachlan playing in the background get you every time. These commercials on the television or the person you see on the street corner make you feel compelled to help in some way.
With all of the hurricane destruction in the forefronts of our minds and televisions, many people are wondering how they can help. Well, there are tons of organizations to donate money, supplies and even blood to. However, why not do something different? Lanham Skate is the perfect place to host the most fun fundraiser yet! Sure, you can throw a bake sale or clothing drive, but doesn’t a skate party sound more fun?
4 Reasons why a skate party makes the best fundraiser
- Excuse to get the family all together for a night of fun.
- Ability to meet and interact with new parents in a social setting.
- Skate parties do not take a lot of money up front or time planning.
- Local businesses love supporting local organizations.
Here are some ways to make a skating fundraiser even more fun:
- Have a competition between grades, schools in the district, or sports teams to see who has the most attendees and monetary donations.
- Create a theme for the fundraiser.
- You could do a unified theme like favorite sports jerseys, decades, luau, etc.
- You could do a divided theme, like color wars, if you plan on doing a competition.
- Suggest costumes with the themes and have a costume contest.