Who doesn’t love Halloween? The holiday is a great excuse to let your inner kid go wild, from the candy to the costumes. If you’re looking for great Halloween costume ideas for 2019, you’re in the right place. Check out some of our favorite Halloween costumes that go great with roller skates, so you can be the talk of the skating rink or the block party!
Halloween Costume Ideas for 2019
- Hawkins forever – Channel everyone’s favorite gang of lovable misfits with a Stranger Things group costume! You can’t go wrong with Eleven’s iconic pink-dress-plus-blonde-wig look, but the third season gave us plenty of other style inspiration, from Hopper’s floral shirt to Billy’s lifeguard look, and of course the unforgettable Scoops Ahoy sailor outfits rocked by Steve and Robin!
- Reign supreme, disco queen – The number one costume choice for a roller skating Halloween party is obvious: Roller disco, baby! While roller skating has been enjoyed through many decades, nothing is as synonymous with roller skating as the sparkly, shiny, polyester-y looks of roller disco. And don’t forget to wear plenty of eye shadow for a historically accurate disco makeup look!
- Make it magical, Sabrina-style – What could be more Halloween-appropriate than Sabrina and her frenemies, the Weird Sisters? Dark, long sleeved dresses with oversized lace collars make this a relatively easy group costume to pull off. Don’t forget the headbands and dark lipstick! If you have a larger group, include other characters like Hilda and Zelda, Ambrose, Father Blackwood, Harvey, Roz, Theo, and Dr. Cerberus.
- Cause some trouble as the Derry Girls – If you’ve watched Derry Girls on Netflix, you know this is the perfect costume for a friend group, especially if your squad finds its way into more than its fair share of trouble. All you’ll need is some Catholic school-esque attire; think plaid skirts, sweater vests, blazers, ties, and some delightfully bad 1990s hair styles. (A side pony and/or crunchy bangs will make the look.)
- Play the game of thrones– Regardless of what you thought of the finale, the final episode of Game of Thrones marked the end of an era. The possibilities are vast, thanks to the huge list of characters in the show, but some of the most costume-worthy are Daenarys and her dragons, the Lannister siblings, Jon Snow, Sansa and Arya Stark, Lord Varys, Khal Drogo, Melisandre, and of course, the Night King. Just remember to keep robes, dresses, and capes short or pinned up so they don’t cause you or another skater to trip!
- Embrace your inner kid – 2019 has been a good year for the inner kid in all of us, from Toy Story 4 to Detective Pikachu. It’s pretty easy to find costumes of Buzz, Woody, and Bo Peep at local Halloween stores or online. Or if you’re in more of a closet costuming mood, you can probably whip up a Pokemon trainer outfit from clothes you already own! For extra cool points, orchestrate a whole group of friends dressed as Pokemon trainers and various Pokemon.