In consideration of permission to use, today and on all future dates, the property, facilities, equipment, and services of Lanham Skating Rink (hereafter known as “LSR”) it’s owners, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, insurers, landowner, landlords of the facilities or equipment, and all of their successors & assigns, I, the undersigned (skater or spectator), herby expressly agree:
1. THAT roller skating is a participation sport and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved in or arising from my use or presence upon the facilities. I HEREBY ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS INVOLVED IN OR ARISING FROM MY USE OF OR PRESENCE UPON THE FACILITIES, including without limitation, the risks of bodily injury resulting from collision between myself and another person or a stationary object or the negligent or deliberate act of another person; 2. TO RELEASE “LSR” and all of its successors, assigns, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, insurers, landowner, and landlords of the facilities or equipment from, and AGREES NOT TO SUE ANY OR ALL OF THEM on account of or in connection with any claims, causes of action, injuries, damages, cost or expenses arising out of skater’s use of or presence upon the facilities, or use of “LSR” skates or equipment, including but not limited to those claims for bodily injury whether or not caused by the negligence or other fault of “LSR”.
3. THAT I HAVE NO pre-existing medical or physical issues, nor am I under any medical treatment for injury or other condition, that preclude me from participating safely or would be aggravated by my participation in the sport of roller skating.
4. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting USA, you voluntarily assume all risks related to expo-sure to COVID-19.
5. TO FOLLOW THE POSTED RULES OF THE FACILITY and instructions from skate floor guards and supervisors. If I see any of the following activities, I will stop skating, notify management immediately and will not resume skating until the matter has been resolved: (1) debris, water, soda, candy or other substances on the rink surface, skate floor or anywhere in the building or if I see anyone bring these items onto the rink surface; (2) skaters engaging in reckless skating, backwards skating (prohibited during public all age sessions), or skating in the wrong direction; (3) any other dangerous activity or condition.
6. I understand the rink does not provide instructions to skaters unless I specifically signed up for classes. The rink has free wristguards available for use by every patron. I further understand that the rink has no obligation to provide safety equipment wrist/elbow/knee guards or helmets.
7. IF I IGNORE THIS AGREEMENT AND FILE SUIT, I WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL LEGAL FEES and court costs incurred by “LSR” and agree TO INDEMNIFY “LSR”, it’s owners, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, insurers, landowner, landlords of the facilities or equipment, and all their successors & assigns, including counsel fees, for any losses to themselves or anyone else arising out of MY use of the facility.
8. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT, I UNDERSTAND THAT BY MAKING AND SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I SURRENDER VALUABLE RIGHTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MY RIGHT TO SUE.